Thurston County Firefighter Memorial Scholarship
The Thurston County Firefighter Memorial Scholarship was established by the Tumwater Education Foundation. This scholarship will benefit a graduate of either Black Hills High School or Tumwater High School who plans to pursue fire service or emergency medical service as a career. The recipient must be planning to attend a college-level fire service or emergency medical training program in the United States.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior for Black Hills or Tumwater High School.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership, honesty, determination, strong will, and self-motivation.
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification or who will have successfully completed certification by time of award.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have volunteered for any emergency service agency.
- Preference will be given to a son or daughter, grandson, or granddaughter of a firefighter who has fallen in the line of duty anywhere.
- Applicant must complete a Tumwater Education Foundation Scholarship Application, along with the following supplemental information.
- In 250 words or less, answer the following:
- If applicable, describe your relationship to a fallen firefighter.
- Describe how you demonstrate leadership, honesty, determination, strong will, and self-determination.
- If applicable, attach proof of enrollment in the New Market Vocation Skills Center Fire Cadet Program.
- If applicable, attach proof of attendance at Emergency Medical Technician or 1st Responders courses.