Rick Dial Memorial Scholarship
Rick Dial was a member of the Black Hills High School Class of 2002. He lost his life during his senior year in an automobile accident. This scholarship is designed to honor his life by awarding a scholarship to someone who best represents Rick — someone with a sincere appreciation for social studies (Rick was known for using his knowledge of history to prove his point) and someone who has overcome adversity during their high school career.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from Black Hills High School.
- Applicant may attend a 4-year, 2-year, technical, or private college.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement.
- Applicant must demonstrate how he/she overcame adversity during high school career.
- Applicant must demonstrate his/her love of history.
- Applicants must complete a Tumwater Education Foundation Scholarship Application, along with the supplemental information requested below.
- In 250 words or less answer each of the following:
- How will this scholarship contribute to your life goals through a post-secondary experience?
- Describe a time when you have overcome adversity. How did that experience change you as a person?
- Describe your love of history and how you see it being a part of your life in the future.